Growing Stalactites

My blogger has too busy to post, so let me catch everyone up on the fun things that have been happening in room 207.

We attempted to grow our own stalactites and stalagmites.

First we warmed up some water. Then we added some baking soda until the baking soda stopped dissolving. After that we cut a piece of yarn and put one end in one cup and the other end it a different cup. We waited, and waited, and waited ….

img_3606 img_3595 img_3594 img_3591 img_3587 img_3581 img_3580 img_3578

Nothing happened 🙁

Next time we’ll try epsom salt instead of baking soda 🙂


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *